*See above for samples of yarn kits for purchase at workshop - each students will receive roving and rope to work with in addition to a kit.
Teacher: Amber Powers
In this introduction to weaving workshop students will learn the skills to create modern and unique woven wall hangings. Students are welcome to bring and use fibers of their choice (yarn, roving, rope, twine) or purchase fiber kits in the studio the day of the workshop.
- Warping and preparing the loom
- Rya knots
- Different weave structures
- Horizontal & vertical stripes
- How to make tapestry or “shapes”
- How to add texture and dimension
- Tying off, securing loose ends and finishing
- Securing a hanging rod
Student will take home their beautiful woven artwork and a complete weaving kit including:
- Tapestry needle
- Shed stick and tension rod
- Tapestry beater
- Pre-cut length of warp thread
- Lap Loom Weaving booklet with description and illustrations of skills covered in workshop
After clicking “register”, visit the shopping cart at the top of the page to complete workshop registration & payment.